Basecamp Hartwell is pet friendly and welcomes our guests who enjoy traveling and sharing their camping experience with the family dog and/or cat. However to insure all of our guests have a safe and enjoyable time, it is important that all guests read and abide by the following pet policy:
- Aggressive dogs of any breed are not welcome at our park. Any dog that shows behavior that is protective and unfriendly to strangers, or is aggressive towards the animals anywhere at Basecamp Hartwell, please leave it home. If a guest decides to bring a dog and it exhibits this type of behavior, the owner or management of our property will ask you to please find other campground.
- While Basecamp Hartwell does not have a policy against accepting certain breeds, if a dog exhibits aggressive or protective behavior towards others, please leave your dog at home.
- All dogs are required to be under the control and visual observation of their owner at all times.
- A 6′ (six foot) leash rule is in effect whenever the animal is outside the owner’s camping trailer, vehicle or lot.
- Allowing your pet to bark uncontrollably day or night will not be permitted and you may be asked to leave if you are not able to control your pet’s barking.
- Pet rules unique to the location will be addressed at time of reservation.
- Service dogs of any breed are welcome at Basecamp Hartwell. However, these animals must follow leash restraint policies and may not exhibit aggressive behavior.
- Emotional support animals are not considered Service animals.