Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Basecamp Hartwell RV Park. We strive to provide a great camping and outdoors experience.
While at Basecamp Hartwell RV Park, we ask all guests to abide by a set of rules, created by the Basecamp Hartwell RV Park management. This helps ensure that all our guests have a great outdoor experience. By booking, you acknowledge that we update these rules from time to time, so make sure you check for the most up to date park rules when booking and at check in. The most up to date rules can always be found online.
In general, be safe and respectful to the staff, the park, and other guests. All guests must use the property of Basecamp Hartwell RV Park and its facilities in a safe and reasonable manner. When using the park’s facilities, registered guests of the park are responsible for the conduct of their family and invited guests.
Reservations can be made directly with Basecamp Hartwell RV Park via phone or online at basecamphartwell.com. These reservations are subject to Basecamp Hartwell RV Park’s cancellation policy. If a reservation is made via a 3rd party booking service, the reservation will be subject to the policy of the site where the booking was made.
- All reservations must be paid in full, in advance.
- While management will do its best to honor any requests for specific spots or spot types, we cannot guarantee any requests will be honored.
- Guests are welcome to check in any time after 2 pm Eastern Time.
- Guests are required to check out before 11 am Eastern Time.
- Reservations cannot exceed 14 consecutive days unless expressly agreed by the management of Basecamp Hartwell RV Park.
- Although rare, Management of Basecamp Hartwell RV Park reserves the right to cancel reservations without cause or reason.
Cancellation and no-show policy
All reservations booked directly with Basecamp Hartwell RV Park will follow the below cancellation policy. Basecamp Hartwell RV Park reserves the right to offer room rates that abide by a rate-specific cancellation policy.
May 1 – September 14
- 100% refund if cancellation occurs more than 14 days prior to arrival date
- 50% refund if cancellation occurs less than 14 days but more than 3 days prior to arrival date
- No refund if notice is provided less than 3 days prior to arrival date
- $25 cancellation fee per RV site is deducted from any refund.
September 15 – October 31
March 16 – April 30
- 100% refund if cancellation occurs more than 48 hours prior to arrival date
- No refund if notice is provided less than 48 hours prior to arrival date
- $25 cancellation fee per RV site is deducted from any refund.
November 1 – March 15
- 100% refund if cancellation occurs more than 24 hours prior to arrival date
- No refund if notice is provided less than 24 hours prior to arrival date
- $25 cancellation fee per RV site is deducted from any refund
Any guests who have not shown up to check in by 8 pm Eastern Time on the day of their check-in, and who have not made prior arrangements with Basecamp Hartwell RV Park staff, will be considered a no-show. Any no-show guest shall immediately forfeit the entire cost of their stay, and management reserves the right to re-book the reservation for another guest. If a no-show guest arrives after a no-show determination has been made, management is not required to accommodate such guest.
Late check-out policy
A 1-hour late check-out may be available and must be approved by Basecamp Hartwell RV Park. Guests who are not checked out by the published check-out time without approval will be charged the published hourly rate established by management. Guests who remain after 1 pm Eastern Time without approval will be charged an additional night’s stay at the current published rate for such night.
Permitted occupants and visitors
- The individual reserving the site must be a minimum of 18 years of age and be physically present at the time of check in.
- All reservations include a maximum number of overnight guests permitted. The permitted number of occupants are based on the maximum occupancy of the site.
- Guests are responsible for their visitors. Each visitor must register at the welcome center. If a visitor exceeds the permitted occupancy of the site, they will be required to pay the then published daily visitor fee. Visitors may not stay overnight following their day access unless approved by Basecamp Hartwell RV Park staff. All visitor admittances are subject to the reasonable discretion of staff, consistent with law.
Individual site policy
- All site numbers / locations are subject to change prior to arrival. Management reserves the right to limit the number of or deny vehicles at particular sites in its sole discretion. This includes management’s sole discretion to permit specific RV types in particular sites, for reasons such as space constraints.
- Only one ground tent may act as a secondary unit on a site at the discretion of management and as a site size allows, and must be taken down during the day. Dining canopy tents are permitted, but may not be up in conjunction with a ground tent.
- Sites must be cleaned up of garbage and debris prior to departure. Additional charges may result for sites requiring additional cleaning.
- The following items are prohibited: Pools, Hot Tubs, Perimeter Fencing, Pet Fencing and Pens, Clotheslines, ATVs/Mini Bikes/Go Carts/Side by Sides, Drones
Vehicle and parking policy
- Speed limit within the park is 5 mph. For the safety of all and to keep dust at a minimum, this rule is strictly enforced.
- All RVs must be RVIA certified and are subject to management approval at their sole discretion.
- One habitable and one non-habitable vehicle are allowed per site and must be parked completely on the gravel within the site. Do not park on the grass or along the roadways.
- Extra vehicles may be allowed, if space is available, at an additional fee per vehicle per night. All vehicles must be registered with the staff upon arrival.
- Working on vehicles is prohibited.
- Anyone operating a motor vehicle must have a valid driver’s license.
- While golf carts are allowed, ATVs and UTVs are not permitted. Non-motorized scooters, rollerblades, skateboards, and bicycles are permitted with adult supervision and use of proper safety equipment, including helmets on all riders. When operating a bike after sunset, you must have a light on both the front and back of the bike. Motorized items such as drones, motorbikes, hoverboards, and similar motorized recreational items are prohibited unless approved by staff.
- Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to operate golf carts on Basecamp Hartwell RV Park property.
- Towing is enforced at the guest’s expense.
- Up to 2 non-aggressive dogs or cats (“pets”) are welcome in specifically designated areas and must be registered with the staff. Basecamp Hartwell RV Park and its staff retain sole and complete discretion on whether to permit a particular pet to remain on the property and / or where they may remain. Management may charge a daily fee per pet at its discretion, including different fees for different accommodation types. Not all units will permit all or any pets.
- Pets must be kept on a maximum 6-foot leash at all times and under the control of their owner. Unless in an area designated for off leash exercise.
- Pets may not be left outside unattended.
- Guests are responsible to “clean up” after their pet. All pet droppings must be properly disposed of in a trash receptacle or collection area. Violations may result in a fine.
- Guests should carry proof of each pet’s current vaccinations, and all dogs must be currently registered.
- Pets are only allowed in designated areas, and are prohibited in park buildings, including restrooms, and other areas as may be designated by Basecamp Hartwell RV Park in its sole discretion from time to time.
- Noisy, vicious, or unruly pets (in the staff’s sole discretion) are not allowed. Guests who are unable to control their pets must remove them from the premises, or the animal may be taken by local animal control authorities.
- Anyone with a pet must sign a release and indemnification agreement for the benefit of Basecamp Hartwell RV Park and its employees. The resort is not responsible for and will hold accountable a pet owner for any injury or damage caused by pets. In addition, the owner of the pet that causes injury or damage to others is expected to resolve the issue directly with the injured party.
- For the avoidance of doubt, a government certified service animal is not a “pet” and is subject to the ADA government rules and regulations applicable to service animals. Pursuant to law, if our staff is unsure about the task a service animal is individually trained to provide, staff may ask whether the animal is required because of a disability and what task or work the animal is trained to do.
Code of conduct
- Please keep your campsite tidy and litter-free at all times. Do not leave trash or food out overnight due to animals. Management has sole and complete discretion to determine if a site is untidy or unsightly, and may require a guest to modify their setup in any way.
- Quiet hours are 10 pm to 8 am. During quiet hours, there is no loud talking, loud radios, loud televisions, or other loud noises allowed. The use of generators is not permitted on the property.
- Parents are responsible for their children’s behavior and compliance with the rules.
- Please be courteous to other guests around you and do not walk through other campsites.
- Loud, objectionable noise is not allowed at any time.
- Profanity, violence, or inconsiderate behavior toward other guests and / or resort personnel will not be tolerated.
- Management is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged articles.
- Keep your valuables and other property locked up.
- All amenities are on a seasonal and weather dependent schedule that may have limited hours during off-peak times. Your nightly reservation fee only entitles you to an accommodation space and not any facility. We reserve the right to close any facilities at our discretion without prior notice. Please refer to posted information throughout the property for additional information on our amenities.
- Please report any issues with your site to the staff.
- Sewer – all sewer connections must have an airtight seal as required by state and federal law.
- Electric – plug your RV power cord in firmly with no space between the plug and the chosen receptacle. Turn on the appropriate power breaker after the plug has been inserted. When departing, turn off the power breaker before disconnecting your plug from the receptacle.
- Water – we recommend the use of a water pressure regulator.
- Water is a precious resource. Make sure all water connections are secure and free of leaks.
- The washing of RVs or any vehicle is prohibited.
- Refuse – please place your trash in the dumpsters provided throughout the park. Do not leave refuse out overnight or in any open container to avoid wildlife interaction.
- Do not use portable grills on the picnic table. See “Site safety” for more information related to fires.
- For the safety of others and the health of our trees, outdoor clotheslines are not permitted to be strung at your site.
- We reserve the right to remove anyone in violation of these rules from the property.
- All guests and visitors must be registered and receive a vehicle tag that should be displayed at all times while in the resort.
- Pond and Creeks – use them at your own risk. There is no lifeguard on duty. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult when in the pond and creek area.
- Please do not disturb the natural vegetation of the property, including removing any trees or limbs.
- The resort is not responsible for any loss, damage, injury, or otherwise to any guests or personal property. Guests use all amenities at their own risk.
- All guests must stay within the property boundaries. No trespassing on or cutting through neighboring land is permitted.
- Please do not walk though occupied campsites.
- Fires and fire pits – guests must follow all current fire bans in place, which override any guidance in these rules or the staff. Guests are ultimately responsible for knowing what fire rules and regulations are currently in place. Propane fire pits are permitted; however, wood fires are strictly prohibited. Never leave a fire unattended. County bans may occur and will be posted at the office. Please inquire with the Georgia Department of Forestry for regulations and permit requirements.
- Any batteries, chemicals, or toxic materials must remain locked up at all times, or safely removed from the access of children or animals.
- Fireworks are strictly prohibited.
- Guests must obey all federal, state, and local laws regarding the ownership and possession of firearms. Unattended firearms must be securely stored in a locked, private vehicle if permitted by law. The unlawful display or discharge of firearms, BB guns, air guns / rifles, or similar devices is strictly prohibited.
Smoking and alcohol
- “Smoking” is interpreted in its broadest sense, to include both tobacco and non-tobacco products, vaping, e-cigarettes, etc.
- There is no smoking allowed in any building, tent, restroom and shower facilities, indoor facilities, common areas, or any outdoor amenities. Unauthorized smoking will result in a fee of $500.
- Smoking is allowed on your own site as long as it is done so in a way that will not directly or indirectly impact the experience of other guests, or cause a fire risk. A neighboring guest has a presumptive right to a completely non-smoking environment, and the staff will strictly enforce this.
- Alcohol is permitted by adults of legal drinking age, as long as it is done so in a way that will not directly or indirectly impact the experience of other guests. Alcohol must be consumed in a responsible manner. Alcohol is only permitted in areas designated by staff from time to time.
- Illegal drugs are strictly prohibited and may result in eviction / removal from the property.